Why we provide an email alias:
At Indeed, we take measures to protect the privacy of our job seekers. When communicating with employers via email, we provide all job seekers with an Indeed auto-generated email address alias to help protect and secure your real email address information.
All email communication from employers with your Indeed email alias is still sent directly to your email inbox.
How your email alias is generated:
We generate your alias based on the email address you use on our Site and where available, the name your email provider shares by default with your email address.
How to change your auto-generated alias:
Email aliases are not customizable, however, if your alias is displaying the wrong name we can work with you to have this updated.
First, follow the steps below to ensure your correct name is listed in your email settings. Next, you can contact our support team with a request to have this updated.
How to edit your name in your email account settings:
- Sign in to your Gmail account
- Click on the gear icon in the upper-righthand corner and click Settings
- Click on the Accounts tab at the top of the page
- Find the Send mail as section and click edit info to the right
- Input your correct information
- Click Save Changes
For Yahoo Mail:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account
- Click the Settings menu icon > More Settings
- Click Mailboxes
- Select the account you want to edit
- Click under Your name to delete or edit your sending name
- Click Save.
- On your computer, open your Hotmail/Outlook
- Click the menu in the right corner of the screen
- Click on Account
- Take a screenshot of name and email address
- Contact our support team and send the screenshot along with the correct name you would like used.