The Report Job feature provides job seekers a way to directly report jobs that may violate Indeed’s Terms of Service or Job Posting Policies. This feature is specifically designed for reporting jobs that may be fraudulent, spam, fake, or inaccurate.
Types of Jobs to report:
- Offensive or Discriminatory: Jobs that appear to discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, disability, or any other characteristic may be reported with this option. Additionally, you may report jobs that have inappropriate or explicit content.
- Fake Job: Something indicates that this job does not really exist. This includes scams impersonating a real company.
- Inaccurate: There is an inaccuracy in the job title, description, salary, location, etc. Often these types of issues are not in violation of our quality standards but have some information that should be updated.
- Advertisement: This is not a job post for an employment opportunity. This post is advertising services, promoting a company or app, or is a job seeker advertising their resume.
- Other: If your issue does not meet one of these categories, you can select “Other” and provide a detailed description.
Please note, this tool is not used for the following:
General questions for Indeed, technical issues, Company Page reviews, Job Alerts, search results, etc. If you need to contact our support team about any of these issues, please submit an inquiry.
How to Report a Job through the search page:
- Search for and navigate to the job that you would like to report.
- Open the job description of the job you would like to report.
- Scroll to the bottom of the job post and select the “Report job” button and fill out the “Report this job” form.
How to Report a Job through your 'My Jobs' page:
- Go to your 'My Jobs' page.
- Locate the job you would like to report in your Saved or Applied jobs folder.
- If the job is in your 'Saved' folder, you can report it by clicking on the job and following the steps outlined in the section above to report it through the job page.
- If the job is in your 'Applied' folder, you can report it by clicking the 3 dots to the right of the job. A menu will appear and you will see the option to 'Archive' or 'Report Job'. Click 'Report Job' to report the job directly from your Applied folder.
- Fill out the 'Report this job' form and click 'Submit'.
If your report is reviewed and the job is found to be in violation of Indeed's guidelines, the job post may be removed or edited. Please note that reporting a job does not guarantee we will take action. However, these reports are extremely valuable in our efforts to remove spam, fraud, and low-quality postings and make Indeed a safer place for our job seekers.
More information on employment fraud can be found on the Federal Trade Commission's website. You can report fraud to the FTC.