Where to report a job
Using the report job button
- Search for and navigate to the job that you would like to report.
- Open the job description of the job you would like to report.
- Scroll to the bottom of the job post.
- Select the Report job button and fill out the form.
Using My Jobs
- Go to My Jobs.
- Locate the job you would like to report in your Saved or Applied jobs sections.
- If the job is in your Saved section, you can report it by clicking on the job and following the steps outlined in the section above to report it through the job page.
- If the job is in your Applied sections, you can report it by clicking the 3 dots. A menu will appear and you will see the option to Archive or Report job.
- Click Report job to report it directly from the Applied section.
- Fill out the Report this job form and submit your confidential responses.
How to use the form
Whenever you report a job, it falls into one of these categories:
- Offensive or Discriminatory: Jobs that appear to discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, disability, or any other characteristic may be reported with this option. Additionally, you may report jobs that have inappropriate or explicit content.
- Fake Job: Something indicates that this job does not really exist. This includes scams impersonating a real company.
- Inaccurate: There is an inaccuracy in the job title, description, salary, location, etc. Often these types of issues are not in violation of our quality standards but have some information that should be updated.
- Advertisement: This is not a job post for an employment opportunity. This post is advertising services, promoting a company or app, or is a job seeker advertising their resume.
- Other: If your issue does not meet one of these categories, you can select “Other” and provide a detailed description.
What happens next
If your report is reviewed and the job is found to be in violation of Indeed's guidelines, the job post may be removed or edited.
These reports are extremely valuable in our efforts to remove spam, fraud, and low-quality postings and make Indeed a safer place for our job seekers.
Learn more about how you can report fraud to the FTC.