Resetting an existing password
Using a social account
Look for the Continue with Google button to begin. Review how to reset this password in Google's Help Center.
What to expect from Apple
You'll see email@example.com in your account profile. Your Indeed email alias is different from your Apple ID.
Using a unique email address
- Enter your email address.
- Click or tap Continue.
- Find Forgot password on the Welcome back screen.
Important: You may see what's in the screenshot or something different.
Confirm your password reset request
- Look in your email inbox for the subject line Reset your password on Indeed. It's sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click or tap Reset password in the confirmation email.
- On the next screen, create a new password to secure your account.
Creating a new password
Use the guidelines below to create a strong and secure password for your account.
- Use a combination of at least eight capitalized letters, numbers, and characters.
- A longer phrase creates better security.
- Avoid patterns, phrases, or words others can easily guess.
- Enable two-factor authentication.
Verify you're a person
We may ask you to check I am human after confirming your new password. This feature is called Captcha. It secures your account and lets us know you're not a bot.
Sign in again
Once you've created a new password, you'll need to sign in again. We'll send an email confirming you did this. This is the subject line: Your password on Indeed has been changed.
Changing a password in Account Settings
- Sign in using your existing password.
- Click or tap either the menu or profile icon .
- Select Settings. This will automatically show you your Account Settings.
- Click or tap Change password.
- Add your Current password.
- Create a New password and save it. We'll email you to confirm this action.
Problem: I get messages like "An unexpected error occurred" or "Forbidden."
Solution: This is an issue with our system, and it isn't anything you've done wrong. We recommend clearing your cache, refreshing your browser, closing and reopening the app, or trying again later.
Problem: I want to bypass Captcha for accessibility reasons.
Solution: You can sign up to skip Captcha. Check your inbox for a verification email, and follow the steps to set up a browser or mobile app cookie.
Problem: I received a password reset request, and I didn't ask for it.
Solution: We recommend changing your password. You can let us know about this issue after making this change to your account. You can also review the emails we send when you or someone else makes an account settings change. Unfortunately, we can't respond to every email, but we gather this info to inform the product team.
Question: Can I reset my password using an email address I can't access?
Answer: No. You'll need to create a new account if the email address is inaccessible or you can't verify it. Sorry, it's against the law for us to track personal information like passwords, so we can't recover an existing password.
Question: Can I reset my password using a phone number?
Answer: No, not at this time. Currently, we're testing this feature in other countries. It's something we hope to make available to everyone.