Build, edit, and manage a resume right from your account. Learn how to troubleshoot this account feature, and see what other job seekers ask.
What this article is about
Indeed's Resume Builder is a wizard that fills editable sections using resume info. You can create a resume from scratch or convert an existing file. Jump to each section to learn how.
- Building a resume on Indeed
- Converting your resume to an Indeed Resume
- Editing your resume
- Managing your resume
- Troubleshooting Resume Builder
Creating a resume from scratch
The sections below are Indeed's editable resume categories you'll see when you Build an Indeed Resume.
We’ll ask you some basic info like name, phone number, and location.
Past job titles and duties help employers know if you are a good fit for the role.
Add helpful details to your resume. What school and where you studied give employers more insight.
We recommend adding 6 skills to your resume, but the total is up to you.
Certifications or licenses help employers understand your qualifications.
Edit your resume at any time
- Click or tap the pencil icon to edit your info.
- Use the plus icon to add Languages, Military Service, Awards, Publications, and more.
Converting a resume from an existing file
The wizard pre-fills the section using info from your existing resume.
- Click Upload resume on your Profile and select your resume file.
- When it's uploaded, Convert to Indeed Resume and click Convert.
- Review your resume to make edits and select your privacy settings to Finish.
Important: You may see what's in the screenshot or something different.
Manage your resume from the Resume options menu.
Click or tap each link below to learn more about how you can manage your uploaded file.
Important: Some people see different words on their menu. You may see what's in the screenshot or something different.
- Employers can search and find your resume when it's set to Searchable on Indeed.
- Not searchable on Indeed: Employers, recruiters, and future employers can't search and find your resume.
Did you know? You can change your privacy settings at any time.
Download as PDF
Save the resume file to your phone or desktop computer.
You can share your resume link with others if your resume is set to Searchable on Indeed. Click or tap on the circling arrows icon to reset your link. You can't customize it, but you can refresh it as often as you'd like.
Get a resume review
You might see this described as Instant Resume Report. This is a benefit of Indeed Resume. Get instant feedback on categories like:
- Spelling and grammar
- ATS scan. This helps your resume pass employers’ scanning software.
- Application insights
Need more help? Get personal advice from an expert resume writer.
Replace one Indeed Resume with another.
Remove Indeed Resume
This means you're deleting your Indeed Resume from your account.
I built my resume, but I'm not seeing any Assessments.
Troubleshoot this by signing in to your account using Chrome or Safari.
My Indeed Resume is showing up in another language.
There might be two solutions.
- If you're looking in the app, check your browser.
- Check the app if you're viewing your resume in your browser.
- Make sure you're viewing the site in your preferred language
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
How do I share the resume file I uploaded?
Convert the file you uploaded to an Indeed Resume and set your privacy settings to Searchable on Indeed. Click Share a link to my Indeed Resume to send it to employers or someone else.
How can I add assessments to my profile or resume?
You'll need an Indeed Resume to access Skills tests in your Profile. Toggle on the visibility switch to add your Assessments to your Indeed Resume.
I want to include a photo with my resume. Can I add my picture to my Indeed account?
No. Right now there's no way to add a photo to your account's profile.
I don't want employers to know how old I am. Do I have to include the dates I attended school?
No. You can add all of the dates, enter just the years, or skip the time period section altogether.