Save your search results to My jobs. Learn how to organize your favorite jobs in your account.
What this article is about
The Saved section gives you a way to keep track of the jobs you’re most interested in. In this article you'll learn about:
- Saving a job
- Organizing your saved jobs
- Applying from the Saved sections
- Troubleshooting | Moving saved jobs
- FAQs | "Why can’t see a job I saved?"
Save or remove a job
- Make sure you're signed in and search for a job.
- Here's how to save a favorite job.
- Desktop: Click the heart icon or the 3 dots . Remove it by clicking them again.
- Mobile: Tap the heart icon. Tap this icon again to unsave or delete it.
Review your saved searches
- Go to your account.
- Desktop: Click the person icon
- Mobile: Tap the menu icon
- Select My jobs.
Decide on your next steps
Click or tap Apply now to start your application using Indeed's Hiring Platform. The Apply on company site button starts the process on the employer's website.
Important: You may see what's in the screenshot or something similar.
Switch from Saved to Applied.
Hosted and indexed jobs move differently after applying. Here's how it works:
- Apply now: Jobs automatically move into the Applied section. You don't need to take any action.
- Apply on company site: My jobs will update the status for you when you answer the question: Did you complete your application?
In either case, click or tap the 3 dots near the job title and Move to Applied or Report Job.
Problem: I’m logged in and every time I try to move a job, I see a “Failed to move job” error.
One possible solution is to disable Adblock if you're using Chrome. Read more on Chrome's support page.
Problem: I can’t see a job I saved.
Check to see which Indeed account you're signed in to if you have more than one account.
Why do my saved jobs disappear?
To keep things tidy, we remove saved jobs that are older than 6 months.