Learn how to find and sign up for virtual hiring events without leaving Indeed. Browse events to connect with employers faster.
What this article is about
Virtual Hiring Events help you to be proactive in your job search. In this article learn how to skip parts of the application process and directly contact employers.
Click or tap the links below to:
- Expectations when interviewing virtually
- Search for events by job title
- Understand each part of a search result
- Schedule an interview for a hiring event
- Troubleshoot interview issues
- FAQs | "How do I know if I got an interview?"
What are virtual hiring events?
Virtual interviews let employers connect with job seekers when they're not located in the same place. Think of virtual interviews as personal online job fairs.
- Talk about job requirements with potential employers using chat, video, or phone
- Prompt interviews with employers
Other potential benefits might include:
- Same day offers
- Signing bonuses
Now that you know what to expect, you can start your search.
Starting your job search for hiring events
Search for hiring events using quotation marks. This is an advanced search technique.
Add other keywords to the What field for specific titles. Enter a location in the Where field to change your job radius.
What's this? This is what you'd see on the mobile app.
Evaluating your search results
After you search, you're going to see results that show hiring events hosted by Indeed. You'll also see hiring events hosted by employers on their websites.
- Virtual hiring events are hosted by Indeed.
- Apply on company site hiring events will link you to the employer's website to sign up. You won't use Indeed to manage your interview.
What to look for in a job listing
- "Virtual hiring event" in the job title
- Directly schedule interview label
- Schedule an interview button
Important: You may see what's in the screenshot or something similar.
What to look for in a job description
- Job details and Interview details sections
- Virtual or in-person interview label
- Apply now button or Schedule an interview button
This is an example of what you might see in the job description.
Registering for a hiring event
- Click or tap the Schedule an interview button.
- Answer a few questions in a questionnaire, if asked.
- Select a time to schedule an interview.
- Review your information on Indeed.
- Check your inbox for an interview email confirmation.
I need to find the location of my onsite hiring event. Who do I contact?
If you need to get in touch with the employer beforehand, check their company's website for contact information.
I'm having issues with my audio and video settings.
Read these troubleshooting tips if you're having technical issues.
Can I see if I'm signed up for a virtual hiring event using Indeed's hiring platform?
Yes. Check the Interviews tab of My jobs. You can also look for a confirmation email in your inbox.
Can I see if I'm signed up for a virtual hiring event using someone else's hiring system?
Can I share my resume with the employer?
Yes. Using Indeed's chat feature, you can upload your resume file and share it during the interview.