Learn how to search and filter remote jobs by position, salary, company, type, and more. We also answer questions about sponsorships and how remote jobs appear on Indeed.
What this article is about
In other articles, we’ve described different ways to search for the right job. In this article, we want to show you how to find work-from-home jobs or work-from-anywhere jobs. You'll learn:
- How to use keywords and filters
- What "remote work" means in a job search
- Where to update your remote work preferences
- How to use other Indeed resources
- FAQs | Can I search for remote jobs that offer visas and sponsorships?
Here's how to find remote work.
Experiment with keywords, phrases, and locations.
Add different combinations in the search fields. Look for the eyeglass icon and enter your job title, industry, or keyword. Find the map pin icon and search by region, state, country, or job search radius. You can also leave the location field empty.
Create specific searches by clicking or tapping the Remote filter.
Important: You may see what's in the screenshot or something similar.
Here are some sample remote searches.
What: Remote | Where: Austin, TX
What: Remote | Where: Remote
Remote work may mean different things to different companies.
"Work-from-home" doesn’t always mean you can work from anywhere. Company policy, state or federal laws, and tax rules can impact your home base. That's why you'll see some job locations listed differently, even when using the Remote filter.
Show employers you're available for remote work.
If your resume is set to Searchable on Indeed, employers who search for candidates can see your work availability in Job preferences.
To edit this section:
- Click or tap Job preferences.
- Click the plus icon next to Add remote.
- Select your Desired work setting, including:
- Hybrid remote
- Temporarily remote
Use other Indeed resources.
- Browse Company Pages. Skip the filters and scan the top companies. Read reviews from current and past employees. Get salary and benefit info.
- Use Work From Anywhere (https://wfa.jobs/). Powered by Indeed, WFA.com is an easy way to browse remote-only jobs in the US.
My goal is to find remote jobs that offer visas and sponsorships. Can I find these on Indeed?
Yes. There isn’t a specific filter for this category, so use quotation marks around the keywords "visa sponsorship" in the What field.
For example, this search phrase will list programmer jobs. The job descriptions may show:
- "Candidates needing visa sponsorship are encouraged to apply"
- "Do not provide visa sponsorship"
Some remote job listings are confusing. I see locations like "Remote- MI," "Remote NC," Remote in North Carolina, or "Remote - Austin." Does that mean I can work anywhere?
Not always. Remote work rules differ from state and company. For example, some jobs require that you live in a certain location even when you can work from home. We encourage you to contact the company if you aren’t sure.
Can I search for "hybrid remote" jobs on Indeed?
Yes. Depending on your location, you may find a Hybrid filter or you can add the "hybrid remote" keywords in the What field.