You'll want the latest Windows or Mac browser, like Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari. Here's how to update or troubleshoot a browser that's not up to date.
Updating your web browser
You might have seen a message saying you need to update your web browser. Click on the link below to find the most current version.
- Chrome – PC and Mac/iOS and Android
- Firefox – PC and Mac
- Microsoft Edge – PC and Mac
- Safari – Mac/iOS
Getting the notification after updating your web browser
If you update your browser and still see the message prompting you to update it, you may need to clear your cache and cookies. How can you do this? Read How to clear your cache and cookies.
Manually checking for web browser updates
By enabling auto-update, your browser will check for updates every time you open it, so you can search for a new job with confidence.
You can also manually check for updates if you haven't closed all your browser windows for a while. Visit one of these support pages to find out how:
Your personal info might be at risk if you're using an out-of-date browser version.
A web page's compatibility determines how it looks in a browser. Chrome, for example, may translate a web page differently to Microsoft Edge. Indeed has been tested on all popular browsers to give you the most consistent experience.
Finally, we want Indeed to be inclusive and accessible, especially if you need tools like screen readers and magnifiers to help you make the most of your job search experience. Modern, up-to-date browsers give job seekers these tools.
- What happens if I don’t update my browser? It’s OK to use Indeed with a browser that is not up to date, though we hope you'll choose to upgrade to get better experience, security, compatibility and accessibility.
- What should I do if I can’t update my browser? If you can’t upgrade your browser because of the rules of your company, school, or somewhere else that issued the computer, ask someone who can help you upgrade the browser (e.g., IT department).
- What if I use an older system? Older operating systems may not support the most recent browser. Consider replacing your older operating system or device.
- What if I can’t see my CV using this browser? Make sure you are using the latest version of the browser. Then follow the steps listed above.