Why we provide an email alias:
When communicating with employers via email, we may provide job seekers with an Indeed auto-generated email address alias to prevent fraud and other misuse of our platform and provide improved services. The email address alias will appear as firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email communication from employers with your Indeed email alias is still sent to your email inbox.
How your email alias is generated:
We generate your alias based on the email address you use on our site and where available, the name your email provider shares by default with your email address.
How to change your auto-generated alias:
Email aliases are not customisable, however, if your alias is displaying the wrong name, we can work with you to have this updated.
First, follow the steps below to ensure your correct name is listed in your email settings. Next, you can contact our support team with a request to have this updated.
How to edit your name in your email account settings:
- Sign in to your Gmail account
- Click on the gear icon in the upper-right-hand corner and click Settings
- Click on the Accounts tab at the top of the page
- Find the Send mail as section and click edit info to the right
- Input your correct information
Click Save Changes
For Yahoo Mail:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account
- Click the Settings menu icon > More Settings
- Click Mailboxes
- Select the account you want to edit
- Click under Your name to delete or edit your sending name
- On your computer, open your Hotmail/Outlook
- Click the menu in the right corner of the screen
- Click on Account
- Click on Change or Edit and perform the necessary changes
- Contact our support team